New Job Opportunity
Ever had a hankering to make an impact in organic farming, or food justice, or regenerative agriculture, or maybe all three? Our friends over at Hope Full Farm may have just the spot you’re looking for. Read on to learn more.
From Alison Stone, Farm Manager, Hope Full Farm:
Hope Full Farm
Dripping Springs, Texas
Assistant Farm Manager
Hope Full Farm is dedicated to growing high quality, nutrient dense produce through regenerative agriculture to address food insecurity among Central Texas students and their families; and supports apprenticeship opportunities for new farmers committed to these sustainable practices.
Visit HopeFullFarm.org and our social media @HopeFullFarmTX for more details about us!
The assistant farm manager’s main focus will be to help grow, harvest, and distribute produce, which we offer at a free or reduced cost to target communities and wholesale accounts. There will be opportunities to help strengthen our volunteer and other community engagement programs, as well as plugging into projects that continue to strengthen and beautify the farm.
This position requires an open mind for uplifting regenerative agriculture practices and a passion for providing healthy food and education to help alleviate hunger in local communities.
● Assist with crop production, harvest, post harvest duties and distribution
● Assist in supervising volunteers in the fields to ensure that work is being completed effectively, safely, and enjoyably
● Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment while following established procedures and policies
● Assist farm manager in organic certification recordkeeping when applicable
● Help create and maintain an environment of equity and inclusivity in which people of all cultures, races, gender identities and sexual orientations are valued
● Other duties as assigned, may be based on interest and skills
Training will be provided and is required before use of all farm machinery
● Preferred minimum one (1) year of experience on production farm
● Able to work independently and communicate effectively
● Self-motivated, cooperative, patient and flexible
● Able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs
● When necessary, able to work in harsh weather conditions
● Able to work evening or weekend hours for special events or weather related
● Bonus! Experience with farm machinery and operating farm equipment
Compensation and Schedule
● Assistant Farm Manager will receive a base salary of $40,000/annually
● Seasonal produce to take home regularly
● 2 weeks paid time off
● 4 paid holidays off, which include: New Years, Memorial, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
● Up to 5 paid sick days yearly
● Continuing educational opportunities
● Expected to work an average of 40 hours per week onsite in Dripping Springs, TX
● Send a resume to email@example.com
● Add “Assistant Farm Manager” to subject line of the email
● Expect a response within 2 weeks of submitting the application
● We will conduct a phone and in-person working interview
Please email with any questions and thank you for your interest in joining our team!